There’s some interesting news for writers: Random House has launched new digital imprints, which will accept submissions without agent representation.
Joining the already existing LOVESWEPT, the imprint for romance and women’s fiction, Random House has added:
- ALIBI for mystery and suspense
- HYDRA, for sci-fi/fantasy
- FLIRT for a new category of readers—college-age New Adults.
According to the Random House’s news release, “The format will allow us to publish more quickly and to nimbly embrace what’s new in each genre, delivering exciting, fresh, and varied new works every month directly to the digital devices of today’s most eager readers. Dedicated to affordable, accessible, and accomplished genre fiction, these four imprints will have unprecedented potential, both in terms of breadth and scope.”
Writers who submit their work and who are accepted will receive a complete publishing package that includes:
- Editing by Random House editors
- A publicist and marketing team dedicated to digital publication
- Cover art
- Review copies distributed to bloggers and reviewers
- Marketing and advertising budget targeted to e-readers
To submit, writers can query online at each of the imprints and include the specifics of their novels. Response turn around time from Random House can be anywhere from two to four weeks. If the query is accepted, the writer will receive a notification and instructions on how to send the entire manuscript. If Random House opts to publish the work, the writer will be contacted to discuss the details of a contract.
To learn more: http://www.atrandom.com/eoriginals/